Acting President Yemi Osinbajo on Tuesday sacked the erstwhile Director-General, Department of State Security (DSS), Lawal Daura, in the aftermath of the siege on the National Assembly by security operatives acting on his instruction.
Sequel to Daura’s summary dismissal, Osinbajo approved the appointment of Mr. Matthew Seiyefa as the Acting DG of the DSS.
Below is a brief profile of the Acting DG of DSS, Mr. Matthew Seiyefa:
1. Seiyefa hails from Bayelsa State.
2. Before his new appointment, he was Daura’s deputy, being the most senior director in the DSS.
3. He had served as the Director, Institute of Security Studies, Abuja.
4. Seiyefa has about 34 years of experience on the job, and had also served in different capacities, including as State Director in Osun, Akwa Ibom, and Lagos.
5. He is married with children.